Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hair Me Out...

Good hair care is a must for me.  I'm a firm believer of getting regular trims and only washing my hair twice a week.  Yes, you read that right, twice a week.  I read in an interview, a few months back, that Lauren Conrad said that she only washes her hair every four days.  At the time, I was washing my hair daily and still suffering from extremely oily hair so, I decided to give it a try.  The first two weeks were really tough. This is what I called the training period.  On occasion I actually said "my hair is going through a training period".  After the so-called "training period", my hair and scalp, out of nowhere, started to regulate and look healthier.  I can't pinpoint the exact time when I realized it but I remember getting so excited.  I mean, no washing and drying every day, or even every other day.  I now only wash my hair every three days.  

The day of the wash I will let my hair air dry, add some leave in conditioner, spritz my hair with some heat protectant and then add some texturing spray to give it some volume and movement.  Then I'll style depending on my motivation level that day. 

On the second day of no wash, I add some dry shampoo to my roots and rub it in with clean hands and style (usually I'll curl it).  Before bed on the second night I dry shampoo my scalp again.  This actually works better than dry shampooing the morning of.  It absorbs any oils that are produced over night and also helps create volume.  

The third day of no wash I usually will wear a high ponytail, a bun, or I'll curl my hair again.  I will also touch up some spots with dry shampoo in the AM. 

With all the products and heat styling that I do, I usually apply some coconut oil to the ends of my hair for preventative measures the night before I wash my hair.  Split ends are the worst!  I will also deep condition my hair every other week or so, to add some moisture back in.  Wow, I didn't realize how much I actually do to my hair.  

What is your hair care routine like?  Share in the comments below!  


XOXO,

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment