Tuesday, August 19, 2014

How To: Gracefully Pen Thank You Letters

I took the week after my shower to pen thank you letters to all my gracious guests and hostess.    As I began writing and reading each card to Scott he made a comment on how I really have a knack for this.  I, naturally, thought he was just being a sweet doting Fiancé but as I continued I realized how easy this was for me.  To be honest, I've also been writing thank you cards my entire life, so I've had a little bit of practice.  I also understand that this can be a pretty daunting process, so I’m hoping you’ll find this post helpful.

Examples of eloquent Thank You Cards

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Guest Attended

Dear Aunt Kathy,

It was so lovely being able to spend time with you at my shower, thank you for coming and celebrating my upcoming wedding.  I absolutely adore the Lenox dining sets you gave me, Scott and I cannot wait to start hosting dinner parties and your gift will come in very handy.  You and Uncle Michael must attend some of these dinners.  Thank you again for your gracious gift, Scott and I look forward to seeing you at the wedding! 

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Guest Did Not Attended

Dear Aunt Linda, 

I was so sorry to hear that you couldn't make the bridal shower.  I had such a lovely time, my bridesmaids really went above and beyond to make the day special for me.  You would have really enjoyed some of the games we played.  I want to thank you thinking of Scott and me and sending the lovely Kate Spade wine glasses.  We cannot wait to have a relaxing evening where we can lounge around and have a glass of wine. Thank you again for your generosity, we look forward to seeing you at the wedding. 

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Many Pieces 

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending so much love my way.  I am incredibly grateful for all the new thoughtful additions to our home you included in your gift.  I've already given the garlic press a good workout.  With all these new toys and gadgets, I've actually been looking forward to staying home and cooking a nice meal.  Thank you again for your generosity, we cannot wait to see you at the wedding.

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Money

Dear Aunt Betty,

Thank you so much for coming to my bridal shower, it wouldn't have been the same without you.  Also, thank you for your generous gift, Scott and I are saving for a new home and thanks to you we are that much closer to buying the home of our dreams.  Again, thank you for thinking of us and celebrating such a special day with me.  We look forward to seeing you at the wedding.

Thank-You for a Bridal Shower Gift | Gift Cards

Dear Megan,

I was so happy to see at my bridal shower, it was such a beautiful surprise.  Thank you for your very thoughtful and generous gift.  Scott and I just moved into a new apartment and we will be using your gift to purchase some new picture frames for our engagement photos.  Thank you again for thinking of us and sharing this beautiful day with me.  We look forward to seeing you at the wedding.

Let me know that you all think?  Do you find these helpful? Would you like to see more options?

XX,

LT 

No comments:

Post a Comment