Thursday, August 21, 2014

30 to 30

I don’t have too many readers of my blogs, let alone really any followers.  So, I’m always skeptical about writing posts like this.  I’ve been having a major “what am I doing with my life” moment.  I don’t want to come off as a complainer or unfocused, but as I see so many successful entrepreneurs, I’m starting to wonder, what am I doing wrong, why haven’t I been able to find my niche?  I’m hopeful that I’m not the only one that has these mini life crises.  Thoughts of, I’m in the wrong industry, I wish I loved my job, maybe I should get my MBA, maybe I should look into purchasing a sewing machine, maybe I should open an etsy store,  maybe I should just be more focused...  I just want to be real here with you all and look for some solidarity… surely someone must feel this way, sometimes.
With 30 not too far away, 16 months to be exact.  I would love to set some goals to achieve by the time I’m 30.  We’ll call it 30 to 30. 

Guidelines for Goal Setting:
  • Goals shall range from a variety of personal goals to professional development goals
  • Goals shall be evaluated monthly with full status updates
  • Goals shall not be dismissed or eliminated, but simply revised
  • As goals are completed, new goals may be added


Goals:
  • Attend work-out classes at least 3 times per workweek and at least one weekend day; total of 4 classes per calendar week for a minimum of 3 three consecutive months
  • Brown Bag lunches to work at least 4 times per workweek
  • Cook dinner at least 5 times per calendar week
  • Manage finances more closely to eliminate any lingering credit card debt
  • Make an offer on a condo
  • Purchase a Sewing machine
  • Learn to sew
  • Open an etsy shop
  • Learn to cook traditional Chinese and Vietnamese recipes
  • Obtain any needed licenses for a small business
  • Learn to ballroom dance
  • Attend 2 Chicago Junior League events
  • Learn Calligraphy
  • Wake-up at 5am M-F for two weeks straight
  • Go to bed at 10pm M-F for two weeks straight
  • Write 4 blog posts per week
  • Purchase a good DSLR camera and learn to use it
  • Read a minimum of 5 books per month for one year; two of which must be business related books
  • Reread the American classic books by authors like Ernest Hemmingway
  • Attend a fashion show
  • Spend the day at the Field Museum
  • Spend the day at the Art Institute
  • Visit the History Museum   
  • Study for the GMATs and take the GMATs
  • Give up all soft drinks
  • Visit Washington, D.C
  • Take a wine tasting class
  • Take a painting class
  • Get monthly facials
  • Take 15 minutes to myself daily, without any interruptions from technology.  
What are some goals you've set for yourself?  Leave them in the comments below! 

Remember to follow along on twitter and bloglovin

XX,

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment