Monday, September 8, 2014

Crushed Blush? A DIY Fix!


Is there anything more disappointing than realizing that your never-been-used before blush/powder/bronzer has arrived home broken?  Well this happened to me a few months ago when my Korres blush showed up on my doorstep destroyed.   Luckily for me the amazing people at HauteLook refunded me my money and let me keep the blush.  

Since I had this broken blush I decided to give fixing this a shot (obviously thanks to YouTube). Check it out here.


Items Needed:

  1. Rubbing Alcohol 
  2. Your crushed blush
  3. Gallon size freezer bag
  4. Rolling pin 
  5. Paper plate
  6. Teaspoon 
Step 1
Step 2
Step 2

Step 3
Step 4
Step 4
Step 6 and 7

Steps:
  1. Empty your broken blush (or any powdered make-up) onto the paper plate and place inside gallon size storage bag and seal 
  2. Take the rolling pin and crush the blush into a fine powder.
  3. Gently remove paper plate and pour powder back into the compact. 
  4. Slowly start to add the rubbing alcohol and mix with spoon or coffee stirrer. Make sure you add the rubbing alcohol a little bit at a time until you get a paste like consistency.  
  5. Slam your compact down on the counter a couple of times to remove any air bubbles that may have developed.  
  6. With the teaspoon, smooth out your blush/powder/bronzer (this will not be perfect but, it's okay).  
  7. Leave open and let it dry overnight or for 24 hours.  
  8. Ready for use! 
Wasn't that easy?  Next week we'll look into how to fix that $18 lipstick that broke in half.  

Until then, Happy Monday Lovelies! 

XX

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment